The goal of the teacher is to design, implement, and assess lessons which increase student achievement.The teacher must also maintain a positive classroom environment. The teacher shall enforce the rules and regulations, as well as, the therapeutic model to ensure the successful operation of the educational program.
- Provides the appropriate educational opportunities and instruction for each student, according to his/her needs and abilities.
- Prepare in advance lessons plans that meet guidelines for approved curriculum.
- Keep accurate records, tests, attendance, reports, student portfolios to demonstrate student performance.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and communication with students, staff, and parents.
- Plans and uses classroom time effectively.
- Works closely with counselors, teaching associates, mental health, outside agencies, and administration to assist students with special needs.
- Communicates curriculum and student related information effectively in oral and written form.
- Serve as a personal mentor for students, setting positive example worthy of emulation by both students and colleagues.
- Uses discretion and tact when working with confidential information and exercises good judgment in handling emergency situations.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and nurturing environment conducive to learning for students.
- Participates in all required meetings.
- Actively participates in a minimum of one school wide committee.
- Assumes responsibilities assigned by Administration in order to facilitate a safe, orderly, positive learning environment.
- Strong desire and willingness to work with At-Risk Youth.
- Good Organizational/Leadership Skills.
- Documentation of a clear criminal record.
- Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test).
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
This position is no longer available.