School nursing specializes in the practice of professional nursing to facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy, and learning.
- Assumes responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management, and referral activities for students and staff.
- The Nurse provides for the promotion and maintenance of health as well as the prevention of illness and injuries.
- Facilitates the removal of health-related barriers to learning and promoting an optimal level of wellness for students and staff.
- Responsible for direct and indirect care given to students in compliance with school district policies, professional standards of practice, physician’s orders, and the Individual Health Plan.
- Identifies the health care needs of a specific student population and availability of health services/resources.
- Interpretation of students' health needs to school personnel and facilitation of understanding of and adjusting to changes and limitations.
- Assesses and evaluates the effectiveness of services and health care plans.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of school system and professional disciplines to enhance the educational process and promote an optimal level of wellness for students, families and staff.
- Participates in development of the school’s emergency health and crises plan.
- Functions as the liaison between the school and local health service agencies/providers and community resources.
- Assumes responsibilities assigned by Administration in order to facilitate a safe, orderly, positive learning environment.
- Strong desire and willingness to work with At-Risk Youth.
- Documentation of a clear criminal record.
- Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test).
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
As a regular employee of the Company, you will be eligible to participate in a number of Company-sponsored benefits.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
You will be eligible for five (5) days of paid vacation leave per year. Paid time off is additional to sick days, bank holidays and days that the company does not operate.
Private Health and Dental Insurance Plan
As all Company employees, you will be eligible for the private health and dental insurance plan we provide. Specific terms and conditions may change upon vendor’s decision.
This position is no longer available.