The Director of Teaching & Instruction is responsible for the supervision and coordination of all teaching/instruction across the entire organization. This role has a dramatic influence in determining the direction and overall philosophy of TLI’s teaching efforts, including the selection of appropriate curriculum and best teaching practices. While teachers report to their principals/program directors, the Director of Teaching & Instruction supervises their quality of planning and instruction through coaching, training, and conferencing. This person works closely with principals and program directors to ensure alignment of school and organizational goals with best instructional principles and practices.
- Play a leading role in determining the philosophy and direction of TLI’s teaching/instruction.
- Partners with principals and operations leaders to establish and implement strategic plans for growth and development of educational services.
- Coordinates and directs teaching staff, in coordination with principals/program directors.
- Develops and facilitates staff training and in-service programs.
- Participates in all assigned administrative, supervisory, staff and team meetings; participates in scheduled in-service training and staff development activities.
- Participates in developing and monitoring programs, policies, procedures and practices in keeping with TLI and community standards, as well as with Contract and Licensure requirements.
- Recruits, screens, trains, supervises, and evaluates teaching staff in conjunction with the Leadership Team.
- Provides direct services to students and families as appropriate or assigned.
- This position requires a valid teaching license or administrator’s license from the state of Delaware, or be eligible to receive a valid teacher or administrator’s license.
- Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to assist in the development of budgets and perform data analysis.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and problem solve a complex array of variables.
- Collects and utilizes student and teacher performance data to track progress and make necessary pivots / course corrections.
- Helps investigate and mediate complaints and/or concerns between teaching staff and student/families, staff and referring agents, and collateral sources.
- Help create and monitor a budget plan for the growth and refinement of TLI’s teaching/instruction capacity.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s Degree in Education required; Doctorate Degree preferred.
Experience in one or more of the following, or a related field:
- Curriculum Writing
- Instructional Coaching
- Teacher Leadership
- Professional Development/Training for educators
- Department Head
- School Leader (e.g., principal or assistant principal)
- The Director of Teaching and Instruction will work across several locations, inclusive of all TLI's schools/programs.
- This position requires regular travel between TLI schools and programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Human Resources Coordinator