To serve a diverse body of students by promoting their academic, emotional, personal, and social development. This position entails working with youth who may exhibit behaviors and challenges ranging from behavioral misconduct, severe emotional disorders, substance abuse and addictions, and other issues associated with mental and emotional well being.
- Counsel students individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, and making changes.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to services.
- Encourage and foster a trusting therapeutic relationship with students and their families.
- Guide students in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Prepare and maintain all required records and reports accurately and on time.
- Act as an advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Collaborate with all staff to develop individualized treatment plans.
- Meet with families, probation officers, police, and other interested parties in order to exchange necessary information during treatment process.
- Refer students and families to community resources or specialists as necessary.
- Participates in all required meetings.
- Actively participates in a minimum of one school wide committee.
- Assumes responsibilities assigned by Administration in order to facilitate a safe, orderly, positive learning environment.
- Strong desire and willingness to work with At-Risk Youth.
- Documentation of a clear criminal record.
- Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test).
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
As a regular employee of the Company, you will be eligible to participate in a number of Company-sponsored benefits.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
You will be eligible for five (5) days of paid vacation leave per year. Paid time off is additional to sick days, bank holidays and days that the company does not operate.
Private Health and Dental Insurance Plan
As all Company employees, you will be eligible for the private health and dental insurance plan we provide. Specific terms and conditions may change upon vendor’s decision.
TLi Services is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.