Transforming Lives Inc. (TLI) provides a comprehensive program of individualized educational, behavioral health, and social services to youth in grades K-12 who have been recommended for alternative school placement. Our approach is based on the core principles of Restorative Practices, Trauma-Informed Care, Cultural Relevancy, and Agency & Assets with Strengths-Based Approaches. This is woven into how we build our organizational and school communities, hold ourselves and students accountable, and problem solve.
The successful candidate will possess a keen understanding of the needs of our students as well as an appreciation for their common struggles. We're looking for a dedicated professional who wants to provide students with an exemplary education. The goal of the teacher(s) is to design, implement, and assess lessons which increase student academic achievement.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
Most relevant areas of study are:
- History/Social Studies
- Pure Sciences/Integrated Science
- English/Language Arts
Candidates must possess, or be eligible to possess, a Delaware Secondary Ed. or All Grades teaching license.
- Delaware Initial License
- Delaware Emergency License
- Out of State Teaching License
- Delaware Advanced License
- Delaware Continuing License
Certification in Special Education is favorable.
- Provides the appropriate educational opportunities and instruction for each student, according to his/her needs and abilities.
- Prepare in advance lessons plans that meet guidelines for approved curriculum.
- Keep accurate records, tests, attendance, reports, student portfolios to demonstrate student performance.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and communication with students, staff, and parents.
- Plans and uses classroom time effectively.
- Works closely with counselors, teaching associates, mental health, outside agencies, and administration to assist students with special needs.
- Communicates curriculum and student related information effectively in oral and written form.
- Serve as a personal mentor for students, setting positive example worthy of emulation by both students and colleagues.
- Uses discretion and tact when working with confidential information and exercises good judgment in handling emergency situations.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and nurturing environment conducive to learning for students.
- Participates in all required meetings.
- Actively participates in a minimum of one school wide committee.
- Assumes responsibilities assigned by Administration in order to facilitate a safe, orderly, positive learning environment.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin Test and physical
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift an/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Satisfactorily understanding of Safety Techniques and Personal Restraint Techniques
- Satisfactorily pass CPR and First Aid training
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day
Human Resources Coordinator